I recently had a great find from a family friend -- a HUGE collection of classic vinyl's all for sale and most of them $5! She had everything from Jethro Tull to Michael Jackson to the majority of The Beatles...you name it! One of the ones I requested for purchase was a Bob Marley live album called "Bob Marley and the Wailers LIVE!" Yes, the title says it all, "Bob Marley Live" and that's a lot of what you get!

I really dug "Them Belly Full" on side one...I think it's the best one played on the album, although "No Woman, No Cry" gets the most credit. I really dig the vibe and the lyrics:
Forget your troubles and dance,
Forget your sorrows and dance,
Forget your sickness and dance,
Forget your weakness and dance
Forget your sorrows and dance,
Forget your sickness and dance,
Forget your weakness and dance
Well put Bob. Although I dance like a white boy from the 80's, you can really forget all the bad when you let loose. The interaction between the background singers and Bob is awesome...you can really feel the flow of the reggae. Awesome vocals here. Perhaps it's just a placebo effect but I feel that the sound really fills the room with this record player and it makes all the difference for this live album. I've got quite a few Bob Marley live tracks around but they don't sound nearly as good as this. RASTAFARIIII!!! (they just screamed that on the record haha)

No comments:
Post a Comment